This learning programme is divided into sections. Each section is preceded by a description of the required outcomes and assessment criteria as contained in the unit standards specified by the South African Qualifications Authority. These descriptions will define what you have to know and be able to do in order to be awarded the credits attached to this learning programme.
THE COURSE OUTCOMES
The learner accredited with this unit standard will be able to:
Explain the rights, powers, functions and duties of the workplace health and safety representative and how any errant health, safety and environmental issues may be handled. Learners will also be able to carry out physical inspections and record, report and deal with the results of the inspection in order to implement corrective and preventative actions.
At the end of this unit standard the qualifying learner will be able to
- Describe the framework of workplace health and safety legislation pertaining to health and safety representatives.
- Explain the specified requirements to conduct safety, health and environmental representation activities at a working place.
- Address safety, health and environment related issues within their scope of authority.
- Comply with the activities within safety, health and environmental structures
- Explain the relevant legal requirements to conduct Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) inspections.
- Report on Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) inspections.
- Conduct inspections to identify non-compliance in the workplace
Plan Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) inspections.
- Employees and committee members
- Management and supervisor
- Shop Stewards and Union members.
LEARNER SUPPORT PRACTICES
Prospective learners can contact Phiwokuhle Projects and Training Academy t/a P3 Training Academy and Training Academy prior to the learning programme for any information and / or guidance that is required.
This qualification is offered through E-Learning training and zoom interaction as per scheduled arrangements.
DO I HAVE TO SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO OF EVIDENCE?
YES. A portfolio of evidence is a structured collection of evidence that reflects your efforts, progress and achievement in a specific learning area, and demonstrates your competence.
- 2 Week online, you work on your own time, There will be scheduled zoom sessions.
- The course is presented in English
- 6-day workplace experiential learning
- Maximum course completion is 4 weeks.
R 1 200 per learner
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS INTO THIS PROGRAMME
- Communication at NQF Level 1 or equivalent.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1 or Equivalent.
- Windows: Windows vista or higher.
- Macintosh: Mac OS X or higher.
Recommended minimum browsers
- Mozilla Firefox Download Here
- Google Chrome Download Here
- Safari Download Here