FURTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING CERTIFICATE:
Ward Committee Governance
The purpose of the qualification is to enable qualifying learners to apply the relevant
competences required for proactive participation as a Ward Committee member so that they
achieve municipal objectives.
The learning outcomes contained in this qualification are based on the competencies
required to contribute to the effectiveness of municipal processes from a Ward Committee
perspective. These competences relate to:
- Conducting or participating in formal and informal meetings to achieve Ward
- Involvement in and giving advice on municipal projects.
- Assisting in implementing municipal objectives and overall objectives of Local
Government by displaying an understanding of core municipal functions as they
relate to a Ward Committee context.
- Facilitating relations between Local Government and citizens to effectively support
the implementation of its objectives.
- Facilitating service delivery in a Ward Committee context.
LEVEL: NQF Level 2
- Grade 10